On February 06, 2012, Mr. Yim Sok Sophors participated in a full-day workshop on the EU Country Environmental Program 2014 to 2020 at Intercontinental Hotel, Phnom Penh – Cambodia. Main purpose of the workshop was to present the draft EU Country Environmental Program 2014 to 2020 which external consultants from Nordic Agency for Development and Ecology (NORDECO) has worked on it as well as to find out critical feedback and comment from relevant key stakeholders.
It is important to note that there was a plenary presentation by the consultant at the morning session and six small group discussions were conducted at the afternoon session, these small group discussions focused on Land Management and Forest, River and Lake, Urban area, marine and coastal, soil and biomass, and environmental education and natural resource management. Each group discussion took about 2 hours to respond several questions below:
- What are your key concerns relating to this theme? As far as possible, prioritize them.
- What are the main barriers & constraints to Cambodia’s capacity to address these key concerns? How can these barriers/constraints be overcome?
- Identify some effective initiatives and good practices under this theme in Cambodia? What potential opportunities & appropriate approaches exist for supporting and/or scaling-up cooperation?
- How can voice & accountability under this theme be effectively enhanced?
- What are the key linkages between this theme and the other ENR/Environmental and Natural Resouuce themes identified?
- To what extent can recent / existing EU approaches to cooperation be improved?